cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get files from an old device that stopped syncing?

Can you get files from an old device that stopped syncing?

Naten
New member | Level 2

I uploaded some files on a device I no longer have access to. I got some emails saying my Dropbox is no longer syncing. Expectedly, when I login on my new device, none of my old files are there. Is there a way to get my old files to sync again so I have access to them on my new device? Do I need to upgrade for more storage so they can start syncing again? I’m not really sure why my Dropbox stopped syncing in the first place cause I didn’t think I was out of storage. But again is there any way I can get my files to show up on my Dropbox again?

1 Reply 1

Re: Can you get files from an old device that stopped syncing?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Naten, and welcome to our Community! 

Could you check, if you have two Dropbox accounts? 

As a first step, I would suggest checking the storage email, and specifically the address you received it to.

Another thing you need to look into is the Dropbox account linked on your app. You can do this like so: ​​​Open your app's preferences, then click the Account tab. You should be able to see it there. 

Let me know what you find!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?