cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you search by "date created" on Dropbox online?

Can you search by "date created" on Dropbox online?

Ian Gold
Explorer | Level 3

I need to search on Dropbox for all the files I added or created on a particular date.  I can do this on my desktop, but now a lot of my files are in the cloud and not on the hard drive, so when I do the search, I don't get hits for files that are in the cloud. 

I searched the community here, and have found a few posts which seem to indicate you cannot search Dropbox by date created.  I'm writing to see if there may be some change or it that's still the case.  

Any advice or help, work arounds, much appreciated!  If it's still not possible, a layman's explanation as to why this might be so would be great.  Is it technically difficult?  Seems very counterintuitive that you would not be able to do this.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Re: Can you search by "date created" on Dropbox online?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Ian Gold, thanks for posting on the Community!

Currently, it isn't possible to sort files by creation date, only by modification date of when the file was last edited, or when it was added if it was new.

As there isn't any information on why this isn't available, if you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?