cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you see a big file of photos without having an account?

Can you see a big file of photos without having an account?

Anna123
New member | Level 2

Hi! I am a freelancer, and a client wants to send me a big file of photos using dropbox. I do not have enough space in my account and seem to have to pay for a bigger subscription just to receive them. Is it possible for my client to send me some kind of link which I can access just to see and download the photos (and not edit them) for free? 

Thank you! 

3 Replies 3

Re: Can you see a big file of photos without having an account?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Anna123 ,

Yes! That's what shared link is for. 😉 You don't need to be a Dropbox user to use (view) of shared link.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Anna123, and welcome to our Community!

Great question there!

Your client can always use a shared link!

A shared link creates a copy of files to send to someone, even if they don't have a Dropbox account.

You can view and download the content, however these changes will not appear for the sender. Similarly, if they make changes to the file, the original file in your Dropbox account will not be altered.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Lori wrote:
... Similarly, if they make changes to the file, the original file in your Dropbox account will not be altered.

Hi @Lori,

Here I'm getting confused. 🤔 Who are "they"? 🧐 Here we have one sender (the client) and one receiver! 🤷

Another thing is that the original file reside in the sender's account and it always changes once sender changes it (naturally). The copy (if any, either in Dropbox account of receiver or outside any Dropbox account) doesn't get in sync with such a change. Am I right? 🙂 Any change in the original file (assume the link keep live) remain still accessible to the receiver. Be careful. 😉

Have a nice day!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?