cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Edit files, as recent changes has removed me as Administrator. I need to edit.

Cannot Edit files, as recent changes has removed me as Administrator. I need to edit.

philcabe
Explorer | Level 3

How to unlock Edit control?

6 Replies 6

Edit Dropbox

philcabe
Explorer | Level 3

I need help unlocking Edit. My files are locked, and i am Administrator

Re: Edit Dropbox

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @philcabe; welcome aboard and thanks for using Dropbox!

I'm not quite sure what the issue is here; could you please provide some additional information?

If possible, you can also send us a screenshot of what's troubling you so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

philcabe
Explorer | Level 3
I am an attorney and I represent accident victims. For each case I create a file in which I store details about the accident, to include details about the event, names and addresses of client ins, other drivers ins, medical facilities visited, and other details learned.

As the case information grows data evolved and changes must be made in the file. With Dropbox, I can go to my file and make changes.
.A week ago, I had an upgrade of Microsoft, and had to delete Windows 7 with Windows 10. I suspect that the technician at Microsoft copied my Dropbox days, so that my information remains static. I can open the files, but can no longer edit them.

How to resolve this?

Thanks. P Cabe

Walter
Dropboxer

Can you see if the app is running and syncing normally in your system tray then @philcabe?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

philcabe
Explorer | Level 3
I don't know how to do that, but I tried took a Screenshot of the message, which stated my account was Read Only. I shared the message with my email.

Daphne
Dropboxer
It appears the screenshot didn't make it to your post here @philcabe, would you mind sending this again here?

If you have any trouble attaching this using the camera icon along the top of the reply box here, you can send a shared link to the screenshot instead.

Also, if you check the files in your Dropbox account online, and use the "Open" button to open the files (as outlined here), are you able to edit the files that way in the meantime?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?