cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Share or Create link

Highlighted

Cannot Share or Create link

Helpful | Level 5

I can't Share or Create link. Entering an email address, typing a message & clicking “Share” results in: “You’ve hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours”. Clicking “Create link” before entering email addresses & a message results in: “You don’t have permission to create a link to this folder”.

The "Banned" account thing doesn't apply because: I tested Sharing/Create link for a single person a day & that exceeds my limit. I have tested a folder that has a couple of small Word docs in it & still can't Share. There is no copyright material in the small folder containing the Word doc.

Has anyone in the Community found a resolution to what appears to have been a problem for users for months?  I'm asking the Community because the Helpesk told me I may have been banned (I don't meet any of the causes so this was just diversion) & they had lifted the ban but I still can't Share. I've emailed them twice over the subsequent 48 hours & no response so I assume the person I am dealing with doesn't know how to fix this issue & I'm hoping the community can.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Cannot Share or Create link

Dropboxer

Hi @Richard B; how are you today?

To help expedite matters for you, I found your existing ticket on our system and passed your comments there so the expert handling your case should be contacting you via that soon.

If there's anything else I can assist with in the meantime, don't hesitate to give me a nudge Richard; I'll be just a post away!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Walter, thanks so much for having a look into this for me, my clients & I appreciate it. Regards, Richard.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

To any DB Community members who have this same issue, the Helpdesk have resolved it for me. I can now "Share" & "Create link" so you can trust them to fix the issue for you. I read through the factsheet on "banned" status & none of those causes applied to me, so I still don't know why my account was limited by a "banned" status in the first place......

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?