cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Shared Folder

Cannot access Shared Folder

DarranJ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Advice please,

I have been using dropbox without any issues for a long time, via my laptop, phone, tablet and dropbox.com, 24hours ago that all changed.

I have a shared folder with my partner, my partner did some housekeeping to tidy up the folder. Since then I have not been able to access many of the sub folders on my laptop. Neither my partner nor myself changed any settings to the folders or our individual dropbox accounts.

I can see all of the folders on dropbox.com, in the dropbox app on my phone and tablet but cannot see or access these folders via the desktop app on windows 10.

I have searched the online help, which suggests a syncing issue and to check that the folders are shared. We have checked they are shared and have made no changes to the application settings for syncing.

I then proceeded to delete the dropbox application and re-install it on my desktop to see if that improved the situation, re-installing using all the recommended settings. Things get stranger here, the dropbox desktop app that re-installed doesn't open up as an 'App' like it did before, it just opens the windows file explorer.

There hadn't been any software updates when this occured. We were both actually using dropbox when these issues occurred.  I have run clean-up tools and done a complete virus scan, etc. 

Any suggestions on what has gone wrong, and what I can do to access these files again on my laptop?  Whilst I can view/see the files on dropbox.com, phone and tablet. I cannot use them, as I need to use the software on my laptop to do this, these programs are not cloud based. 

Help!

11 Replies 11

rrmendez
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Lory , by quota you mean "space " ? ... I checked, on my account i could not do it ( see screenshot ) since it just freeze, them I was able to get the space though help.dropbox.com ( see Screenshot) . 

dropbox space plan .jpegWeb capture space .jpegWeb capture space 2.jpeg

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the screenshots, @rrmendez!

Can you make sure that you disable any browser plugins and try again? 

Also, if you access the page using an incognito tab on your browser, does it help?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    rrmendez Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?