Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot open files in my dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I hate this.

I just installed Google Drive on my Windows 10 laptop, I think, and possibly a google thing with a cloud and arrow pointing up which I thought was google drive but it wasn't because the page to download Google Drive was divided into personal and business and I chose personal. So I went back and chose business and downloaded that and successfully followed the trail to open a Google Drive account with the email I use, which is not a gmail account.

But now when I try to open a file in dropbox it just closes the entire dropbox. I can open dropbox and see the folders but...

Also, FYI, I cannot find the file from my alma mater for which I tried to get Google Drive in the first place.

What is going on?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Cannot open files in my dropbox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Helplessmeg - sorry to hear about this.

As I'm not really sure I understand the matter at hand, could you provide me with some screenshots depicting what you described so that I can try and assist further?

Also, if you're using our desktop application, could you send me its exact status at the moment? To do this, please take a look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu.

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Feel free to include any piece of information you think might help our investigation. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?