cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot retrieve my photos of late husband. Please can you help me retrieve them

Cannot retrieve my photos of late husband. Please can you help me retrieve them

Explorer | Level 3

I have not used Dropbox for a while.

I have some photos of my children and late husband.

It would mean an awful lot if I could get these photos back which will be of great comfort to me and my young children.

3 Replies 3

Re: Cannot retrieve my photos of late husband. Please can you help me retrieve them

Dropboxer

Hi there @HanifaArif; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about your loss. 

When you say a while, could you clarify how long has it been since you accessed your Dropbox account? If it's more than a year, it may have been closed due to inactivity

Otherwise, could you take a look at your account's deleted files page or the events page to see if you can find any sign of the missing files

Keep me posted on your findings!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Cannot retrieve my photos of late husband. Please can you help me retrieve them

Explorer | Level 3
Hi. Yes it might have been over a year.
It says you have no recently deleted files unfortunately.

Dropboxer
In that case, I'm afraid we won't be able to help restore those files @HanifaArif.

That said, it would be worth a shot checking on old devices that you might have linked to your account as you may find a local copy of those files there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?