cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see edits made by coworker

Cannot see edits made by coworker

New member | Level 2

Hi, I do not have much experience with dropbox so any help is appreciated. At my work place we use individual accounts to share files, this worked good until my coworker did the free business trial. Since then the rest of us cannot see any of the edits that he makes. On my side it still shows that he can edit the files but we can't see the changes he makes. His account says that it is a work account so is this the issue? or is it something else? Again any help would be appreciated! 

4 Replies 4

Re: Cannot see edits made by coworker

Dropboxer

Hello there @LLCBrie, I'd be happy to help out!

From what you mentioned, it sounds like this could be due to a syncing issue.

Are they editing the files through the Dropbox folder on their computer, or through another platform? Eg. the website or mobile app.

If they use the desktop app, what does the sync status of their desktop app show?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

His sync shows that there are 5 files in the queue. It says that they are uploading 

New member | Level 2

He has been accessing the files through the dropbox folder on his computer. On the task bar above the sync status it says that it needs to be reinstalled to sync. We tried reinstalling it a couple of times and it still will not sync the files and says that it needs to be reinstalled. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @LLCBrie!

Can you try the steps outlined here (for Mac OS), or here (for Windows OS), to see if that allows the sync to complete?

If not, please send along a screenshot of that error that you mentioned seeing, regarding reinstalling the app.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?