cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot seem to generate links with Mac OS or iOS dropbox right now. also cannot Send with Transfer

Cannot seem to generate links with Mac OS or iOS dropbox right now. also cannot Send with Transfer

New member | Level 2

5fef635d-30c8-49d4-8d82-385040324909.JPGHi

I have a weird and incredibly frustrating problem.  I depends on dropbox daily, amd currently cannot send (or actually i donteven think its even generating links to copy) links to people from my dropbox. I tried to work around the issue but using a Send with Transfer but it just says 0% and never gets anywhere. is there something wrong with dropbox today?? I am of course logged in as i always am.  this is the very first day i have seen anything like this. its actually a bit scary.

4 Replies 4

Re: Cannot seem to generate links with Mac OS or iOS dropbox right now. also cannot Send with Transf

New member | Level 2

I should add, or make clear, that i CAN access my dropbox via Finder whether or not the files are local or online-only.  it is only whenever trying to get the files to someone else.  My iphone CAN send a link, BUT the link comes back as a404 on their side.  the Mac Os machines i use cannot even get that far, and no link is generated (even though the option is clearly there and clickable)

Re: Cannot seem to generate links with Mac OS or iOS dropbox right now. also cannot Send with Transf

New member | Level 2

e more detail I've just noticed, what I copy a link I have generated  in finder or with the dropbox web , and pasted it for example into whatsapp, I am ntoified that a link was pasted by my macbook pro, but what is pasted is simply blank. so it is the link generation that is currently broken for me. and If I generate a link with my ios dropbox app, this actually DOEs generate a link but it takes anyone who isnt actually me, to a 404. as if all my stuff is behind some barrier that ONLY I can get to.. this cant be right.

Dropboxer

Hi there @seantyas; thanks for joining the Community and sorry to hear about this.

It sounds like your shared links might have been banned, could that be the case here?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2
It was really anything in the Dropbox account at all, though a sharer of one folder did dump a huge 10gb file in on that day, but that's not big enough is it? To cause a ban? Anyway, mysteriously the next day all worked fine again
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?