cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sync files from my laptop to the cloud

Cannot sync files from my laptop to the cloud

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I've had an issue in not being able to upload my files from my laptop to the cloud. Started about 6 months ago when I updated my laptop to windows 10, was a disaster as some key software would not work to had to revert back to windows 7. All software is working perfectly fine, but cannot sync files. Everything seems to be ok, no erroer messages, but the blue sync icon just keeps rolling round and doesn't turn green. I've removed and re-installed drobox a couple of times now and still no further forward. Can anyone help please. Thanks

13 Replies 13

Re: Cannot sync files from my laptop to the cloud

Dropboxer

Hello @Pebro56; welcome aboard and happy Monday!

Could you please send me a screenshot of the app's exact status as show in your system tray?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

IMG_2674.jpg

Explorer | Level 3

Here is a snapshot of the dropbox folderHere is a snapshot of the dropbox folder

@Pebro56 wrote:

IMG_2674.jpg

The folder is empty at the moment, but it still hasn't synced after nearly 2 days

Dropboxer

Hey @Pebro56, could you try out these steps (for Windows OS) and see if they do the trick?

If not, check that you don't have any pending updates that need to be carried out.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Tried the steps suggested and the problem still persists. No pending updates, so don't know what the problem is.

Dropboxer

Hi @Pebro56, if you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

I've checked security and have only three devices linked. I have also followed the steps to do an advanced install including removing all folders with dropbox in them from app data and the like. Also I have 4GB of useable space left in the cloud so this is not the issue. I'm beginning to think its a windows problem not Dropbox, but if that's the case I scuppered.

Dropboxer

In that case, you may want to exclude any antivirus, firewall or even a proxy/VPN setting too @Pebro56

Keep us posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Just thought I'd post an update. I decided to delete all the files within the dropbox folders both on my laptop and cloud. Dropbox is still trying to sync things even when there is nothing to sync. Any fresh ideas of how to resolve my problem. Tried everything offered so far but to no avail.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?