cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot upload Jpg files to my Dropbox: error message (Something went wrong, server error)

Cannot upload Jpg files to my Dropbox: error message (Something went wrong, server error)

Peter Deckers
Explorer | Level 3

I try for some time to upload Jpg files (11Mb average) to my Dropbox and after uploading one third it stops with an error message saying: Something went wrong, server error, try again. I cleared browser data, changed browser platform, deleted dropbox files, stopped firewall and anti virus. Nothing works. HELP!!!

5 Replies 5

Re: Cannot upload Jpg files to my Dropbox: error message (Something went wrong, server error)

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Peter Deckers, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Are you having this problem only with .jpg files, or other file types as well?

Also, have you tried connecting from a different network/WiFi, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Peter Deckers
Explorer | Level 3
All files are on the PC. I am after 'WHY' this error message comes up. I was able to upload another smaller size Jpg from another folder, which makes it inconsistent weirder.

Peter Deckers
Explorer | Level 3
The same error message came up during uploads of the same copied folder from a laptop via WiFi. Can it be a (wrong) setting of my modem/router?

Peter Deckers
Explorer | Level 3
Did some other tests. The same error message came up with a video file. Small files can be uploaded, even the odd single 10 MB ones. I uploaded the same folder with Jpg files to Google drive and that went without problems. In other words: it seems that Dropbox stops my uploading. Any tips what can be done.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Do you happen to have any special characters in the names of the files that you're trying to upload? Like emojis or anything like that?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?