cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot upload files or drop them to my folder

Cannot upload files or drop them to my folder

Diamondsweetness18
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm trying to transfer photos from my computer file to the Dropbox folder but every time I do it says cannot upload to an empty folder which doesn't make sense because of course it's going to be empty because it's a new folder that I built

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diamondsweetness18
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Well I had to save it to my computer and then drag it from there to my folder. It wouldn't let me drag it from my files on my phone directly when I was attacking it to the folder I have to save it first before doing it

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Diamondsweetness18
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I don't know what's going on. I copy and paste the photos and it still won't let me paste it to my new folder and I can't find a Dropbox phone number to call Dropbox customer service

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Diamondsweetness18; welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry for the late response here; if you're still having issues with this, could you please send us a screenshot of any errors you might get along with the exact steps you take to do this? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Diamondsweetness18
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Well I had to save it to my computer and then drag it from there to my folder. It wouldn't let me drag it from my files on my phone directly when I was attacking it to the folder I have to save it first before doing it
Need more support?