cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload from Dropbox to IE browser

Highlighted

Cannot upload from Dropbox to IE browser

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, we are experiencing something very weird with one of our PC's and we cannot get to bottom of it. When accessing the Dropbox folder, all files are there and also synced. However, when I try to upload an update file for a device using IE Browser, there are no files in Dropbox, apart from 1 random one. I can upload from Dropbox on Chrome without any issues.

I need to mention that apart from the latest Windows update, nothing was changed on the PC and everything was working fine a few weeks back when the same update file had to be uploaded. Also performed a full reset on the IE Browser hoping it was related to that.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Cannot upload from Dropbox to IE browser

Dropboxer

Hey there @Domar; welcome to our COmmunity!

It sounds like you're seeing two different accounts; one through the web browser (IE) you're using and another one that you have linked to the desktop app. 

Could you take a look at your account's settings online and another one to your Account's tab in the app's preferences and see if they match? 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Thank you for the reply and suggestion.

As mentioned, this only happens on one PC, as the other ones work without any issue. 

As I am the only one using this PC, I can confirm that I did not change any setting whatsoever since the last time the same action was done. We do not use an account with IE and we only use it to upload certain update files, as it is the only interface supported.

For example, I am now forced to use IE Tab on Chrome, with default settings, and it is working without any problems.

I am not sure that this is a Dropbox problem, however, I am wondering if you ever encountered a case like this before.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm not sure if that's the case as you haven't specified the version of your OS and browser, but if it's related to Internet Explorer 11 only, note that it's not supported by Dropbox since last October @Domar

Let me know if this clears things up!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?