cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view entire document title

Highlighted

Cannot view entire document title

New member | Level 2

My company uses a naming convention for documents that results in long filenames. When viewing files, large portions are hidden from view with only the first several characters and the final characters showing on the screen. If I hover over the title I can see the entire thing but this is tedious when scanning for a document that I want and when comparing two files with similar names.

I've found that shrinking (zooming out) on my screen allows for more characters but this is impractical because they become so tiny that I can't read them.

Is there a way to  adjust the view to display more characters in the filenames? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot view entire document title

Super User II

@IHHBS wrote:

No, there isn't.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

@IHHBS wrote:

No, there isn't.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
This is still a problem with Dropbox in web browsers. Generally the interface allocates only about 10-20% of the screen real estate to viewing the actual files. Ridiculous. It’s been disappointing me and many others for 3 or 4 years now. Their other interfaces are great, BUT the beauty of cloud files is to have a window into your files anywhere. If you’re on a shared computer? Sorry, you only get a peephole. I think I’ll post this to the other threads on this topic, just to keep it on the radar for the developers (haha).

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?