cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Share Files To A Shared Folder

Highlighted

Cant Share Files To A Shared Folder

Explorer | Level 3

A client of our has shared a DropBox folder with us to upload files to.  When attempting to drag and drop the files it is not allowing us.  This is their folder, so I am assuming that it falls under their subscription.  Is it possible to drag and drop the files to their folder even if we do not have a subscription?  We do have an account.

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cant Share Files To A Shared Folder

Dropboxer

Hi there @RobR, thanks for the screenshot. 

From the banner at the top of the page and the error message you are receiving, it looks like your Business trial ended but wasn't able to renew since it didn't have any billing information available.

In this case, your team ended up in locked state, which also means that you aren't able to upload any new files and folders. 

You can find more information about locked state and how you can get out of it, here

Hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hello @RobR, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you just clarify for me, how was the folder shared with you?

Did you receive a link to the folder from the owner? Or do you have the Dropbox folder added to your own account?

From a shared link, you would only have viewing permissions, and you wouldn't be able to upload files to a shared link.

Otherwise, if a folder was shared with you, can you click the "Share" button for that folder and let me know what sharing permissions you see next to your name? It will show "Can view" or "Can edit".

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi.  A link was sent.  I click "upload files" on the right column and then I receive the prompt seen.  This also occurs when I try and drag and drop.  The link was sent by the other party seen.  It does indicate that I have editing permissions.  

Hope that helps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 4.41.00 PM.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @RobR, thanks for the screenshot. 

From the banner at the top of the page and the error message you are receiving, it looks like your Business trial ended but wasn't able to renew since it didn't have any billing information available.

In this case, your team ended up in locked state, which also means that you aren't able to upload any new files and folders. 

You can find more information about locked state and how you can get out of it, here

Hope this helps!

Lusil

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?