cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access using windows 10 unless I use a VPN

Cant access using windows 10 unless I use a VPN

adam_s
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

Windows 10

Chrome browser

I can't login using the web unless I use the Tor browser or a VPN on another browser.

Without the VPN,  I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers and each time I attempt to login, I am redirected to the dropbox sign up page. There is no error message. I have attempted to login using a private browser (no extensions) and with virus protection switched off and I still can't login.

For some reason I can only login on the web using a VPN.

I can access dropbox via my phone (android) without a VPN. When I gain access using my phone I am using wifi. The same connection I use when I can't login on the web. I can also gain access using the Windows app. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cant access using windows 10 unless I use a VPN

adam_s
Helpful | Level 5

Solved

The culprit was Bitdefender. I could have sworn I turned it off when I tested on a private browser. Seems not.

All's well that ends well.

Adam

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Cant access using windows 10 unless I use a VPN

adam_s
Helpful | Level 5

Solved

The culprit was Bitdefender. I could have sworn I turned it off when I tested on a private browser. Seems not.

All's well that ends well.

Adam

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

adam_s Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?