cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cant open excel files with Dropbox.com

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello there ,

today i got the issue that i cant laod the file in the browser of dropbox.com

Last time i tried to open a file via the dropbox.com browser side everything worked fine and now  after choosing the file it doesnt load there i no error or something what could give me a hind to solve.

I can open the file with excel online, but i just want to view without realy open the file otherwise it get duplicated after saving the file if somone is useing it.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Cant open excel files with Dropbox.com

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @CZU, it’s my understanding that you’re facing the issue you’ve described us here when you’re previewing your spreadsheets on your Dropbox account on our website, please let me know if I haven’t gotten this right! 

If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you try repeating once through an incognito window/in private browsing mode/without any extensions running & see if that's the solution you're looking for? As an additional step, would you mind clearing your browser's cache & see if this does the trick for you this time? If you’re still getting the same error message or you get stuck in any way, I’d appreciate it if you included a screenshot of any error/diagnostic messages you’re seeing in your next reply here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening.

Please let me know how you get on with my suggestions here & once you get back in touch with me, we can discuss it in more detail. Until we talk again, have a wonderful rest of your Friday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?