cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant see files in a shared folder

Cant see files in a shared folder

Greg15
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a shared folder with a client that has been active for a few months with no problems.  For a second time this week, the client uploaded files and I can't se them for over 24 hours. Status in my menu bar shows tick "Up to date"

Client has given me a screen shot showing the files on their end.  Please advise any troubleshooting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg15
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Client figured out their mistake and we can all see the files now.  Thanks for your attention to this matter

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Greg15, thanks for checking in with us - let's see what we can find. 

At first, can you or the other user see the files in question on the website? 

Also, how did they add the files to the shared folder? Was it through the website or the desktop app?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Greg15
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Client figured out their mistake and we can all see the files now.  Thanks for your attention to this matter

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, @Greg15! Glad to hear that everything's sorted for you. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. :sunglasses: Have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Debby M.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hi Greg - would you be prepared to share what it was that your client did wrong?

It may help me because for I too have had the same issue with a client who I've been having sharing a file with for 2014 and for the third time this month she's insistent that she has uploaded a file in the normal way, and I can't see it.

Many thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Debby M. - thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd be happy to help in the meantime, I'll just need a bit more info on this, such as:

• Are you or the other user able to see the files in question on the website?
  • How did they upload the files - via the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app?

Let us know what you find - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Debby M.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I don't know how the other user has uploaded the file - we are located about 400 miles apart and I can't see over her shoulder. Neither of us use the Dropbox UI. I believe that she uploads from her telephone as it is usually recordings for transcription.
Irrespective of that - we have been working together since 2014 without issues, and she hasn't changed her MO, and neither have I. Which leads me to suspect that something has altered at Dripbox.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me, @Debby M.

It could be a number of factors that could result in this, and you can find some ideas listed in this article

If you're still having trouble, we'd have to continue via email to have a better look into this due to account-specific info that may be needed. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?