cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant share link as I'm getting an error. Is this because my account says it's out of space?

Cant share link as I'm getting an error. Is this because my account says it's out of space?

KMAC1
Explorer | Level 3

When sharing a link it is coming up as the below My account is saying it isout of space? does this affect anything? how do I delete files to create space?

KMAC1_0-1615768060533.png

5 Replies 5

Re: Cant share link as I'm getting an error. Is this because my account says it's out of space?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello there @KMAC1, I hope you're doing well!

Can you clarify for me the exact steps you're taking when you get this error message?

From what I can see, the error appears to be coming from Microsoft Word.

Also, where are you seeing that your account is out of space? Can you send along a screenshot of that too, excluding any personal info?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Cant share link as I'm getting an error. Is this because my account says it's out of space?

KMAC1
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the response, I deleted a heap of stuff so that it no longer says I am out of space.  If I hyperlink a word in a doc to my dropbox account if you go to open the doc thats when the error message comes up. It used to work beautifully

Daphne
Dropboxer
Just to clarify, are you hyperlinking a shared link to one of your Dropbox files in the doc, @KMAC1?

Or are you possibly using a file path to point to a file locally on your computer?

If you could provide me with a step by step guide of the actions you're taking to do this, that would be a great help!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

KMAC1
Explorer | Level 3

Yes I am hyperlinking from the dropbox files where it creates the link  etc... have been so frustrated with dropbox i have just set up a google drive to link docs

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming @KMAC1.

If you quit the desktop app on your computer, do you receive the same error message? If you're not familiar with this, you can do this by:
  1. Clicking the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choose "Quit Dropbox".
Also, if you try right clicking the hyperlink and select open in, what options do you see listed there?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?