cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell photos have been going to my Dropbox account and clogging it up

Cell photos have been going to my Dropbox account and clogging it up

New member | Level 2

I am quite disturbed that not only does Dropbox only make telephone support available to business account holders they don't make it clear how a non-business Dropbox account holder may instead just open a ' support ticket ' online that Dropbox would theoretically respond to in a reasonable amount of time.  How disrespectful can one company be?

You would think that they would want to treat us extremely well and impress us so much that we would upgrade our accounts and make them more money..........but they don't do so.  

I simply wanted to ask them why all of my personal cell photos have been going to my Dropbox account and clogging it up such that I regularly have to delete those which is a nuisance.  No content on the site has answered that for me and thus far I haven't spotted the answer within a Dropbox user's forum entry.  My cell photos already have a backup service in place so I would never knowingly ask that they be transferred and ' backed up ' by Dropbox also.   

Does anyone else experience this with their photos and know why this happens? 

Does anyone know how to get Dropbox to be available to handle their user's concerns? 

Prey tell please.

dealmein2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why isn't there a clear customer support contact page?

Super User II

@dealmein2 wrote:

... why all of my personal cell photos have been going to my Dropbox account ... No content on the site has answered that for me ...

Refer to the following help article:

Does anyone know how to get Dropbox to be available to handle their user's concerns? 

If you're on a Basic account, you use the self-help options such as the chat bot and help articles, or you can post your question here on the forums.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Super User II

@dealmein2 wrote:

... why all of my personal cell photos have been going to my Dropbox account ... No content on the site has answered that for me ...

Refer to the following help article:

If you're on a Basic account, you use the self-help options such as the chat bot and help articles, or you can post your question here on the forums.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thank you so much Rich for providing that link to me (and the community here) about turning cell camera photo uploading to Dropbox on and off.  I immediately shut mine down and will now have one less thing in my life that wastes my time and causes me stress.  I don't of course know you personally but I truly appreciate you for having cleared this mess up for me. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?