cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change settings so my downloads are NOT put in Dropbox

Change settings so my downloads are NOT put in Dropbox

sherronnebattle
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, I have a new MacBook Pro and a Cameo Silhouette.  I've noticed that whenever I download files for my Silhouette they are automatically placed with my Dropbox files.  How do I keep this from happening?  I use the free version of Dropbox for a project I'm working on and want to keep work and personal files separate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SB

11 Replies 11

sherronnebattle
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks so much for your help, Daphne.  On the page where it says, "Stop backing up to 2 folders?", I selected "Leave content in Dropbox", which says that I won't see the content in my Mac folders.  I stopped the automatic backup to my desktop and downloads.  Let me know if this was done correctly and if there's anything else I need to do.  Thank you again for your patience and your detailed instructions.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If you wanted to keep those files in Dropbox for now, then you should be all set @sherronnebattle!

Otherwise, if you want to remove some of the files that were backed up from those folders, you can just move them out of the folder in Dropbox.

Nothing will be backed up automatically now though, so your browser downloads will just go to the computer's Downloads folder.

I'll be just a post away if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    sherronnebattle Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?