cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changed file name, but original file name is still associated with new file name

Changed file name, but original file name is still associated with new file name

stacimalloy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi.  I originally created a file for an individual person, but as I started uploading new pictures for the rest of the team, I changed the file name to represent the team name.   For example, the original file name was 'Bob' and the link was shared with Bob's mom.  Once Bob's other teammates started playing, I changed the file name to 'Blue' instead of Bob, to represent the whole team.  Blue appears at the top of my file as the name, but when I sent out the link to  to share the file with the other parents of the Blue team, the link still says "Bob".  Is there a way to change what is being sent out to represent the updated file name instead of the old file name?  I hope that makes sense. Thank you, Staci

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @stacimalloy 

I assume you mean a folder and not file? If so no, the only way to change this is to actually set up, share and create a whole new folder. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @stacimalloy 

I assume you mean a folder and not file? If so no, the only way to change this is to actually set up, share and create a whole new folder. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

stacimalloy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Aww shoot!  I was worried that was going to be the answer 😞  Thank you for your help, Mark

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

What is also worth noting here, however, is that when you share it the other person can rename and move it anywhere they like (as long as it isnt in to another share) without you knowing

Need more support?