Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changes I make to files can't be seen by my team members. What can I do?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm having trouble when making changes on the files. When I make a change it is saved on my computer but not on the oders memeber's dropbox. The folder says below member "only you" but i dont know how to change it so everyone could see it.  These folders where shared with me i did not shared them and it says only you, how could I fix it so every memeber can see it. 

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Saving changes

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @ida1619, thanks for reaching out to us here!

So it seems that the folder you're making edits in isn't shared with your team members.

Can you let me know how the folder was originally shared with you? Was it via a shared link that you downloaded the contents of?

Can you try doing a quick search in your account for the folder name to see if there is more than one copy of a folder?

What you could do is share the folder with those who need access to it, however, I'd suggest trying to locate the folder they originally shared with you first if possible.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

Yeah it was shared to me via a  shared link. 

I'm going to try to share it.

Thank you

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @ida1619!

That seems to be the reason why, as downloading content from a shared link it's basically downloading a copy of those files that are not shared.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?