cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a folder content preview image?

Changing a folder content preview image?

AnonyMouse
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to know if there is a way to set the image that is displayed as the preview for folder contents, when you select the folder on the list, without opening the folder.  (For example if I set up 5 folders for someone to upload to, I can select the folders to preview if anything is in it, but without having to actually open and close the folder.)

We have a project with a folder that has about 100 photos uploaded.  Rather than displaying the photo with the first image name, or the most recently uploaded photo, Dropbox picked two images pretty much in the middle of the file names to display as the folder content preview image.  Unfortunately, those are photos that we do NOT want to be displayed front and center as soon as the folder is selected on the list.

Is there any way to change which photo is displayed in the folder content preview?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @AnonyMouse; welcome to the Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

I'm afraid there's no way to change the thumbnail of a folder of files (apart from re-arranging the files within it perhaps), but you can suggest this idea in the relevant section of our Community so other users can up-vote it and share their own feedback on this. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @AnonyMouse; welcome to the Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

I'm afraid there's no way to change the thumbnail of a folder of files (apart from re-arranging the files within it perhaps), but you can suggest this idea in the relevant section of our Community so other users can up-vote it and share their own feedback on this. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?