cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose what the different users can see and do?

Choose what the different users can see and do?

dagf83
New member | Level 2

I own a company where I have one team that edits images for me, and then my clients which is photographers. Right now I`m trying to find a good way to arrange the use of Dropbox for uploading/downloading images, but no matter how much I read, watch or try, I cannot get what I want, and I cannot belive that my requests isn`t possible, so I`m reaching out here for help.

1. I want to hide my editors info from my photographers view. I don`t want my photographers to be able to see my editors at all. Now it´s pretty easy for them to skip booking jobs with me and just contact the editors directly instead because when I log in as a test user, I can see my editors name and email from the list of members of the folder. There has to be a way to hide this?

The two editors, the real one and one I created for test, are both part of the group "Editors" and I have set so that they should not appear in any member list, but still my test-user can see them both.

2. Logged in as my test-user It says on the right side of the website that my test editor can edit, but when logging in as this test editor, I cannot see any other folders than the folder that is created automatically for this user. So why does the test editor show up in the list of the people who can edit the test clients folders/files?

2 Replies 2

Re: Choose what the different users can see and do?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @dagf83, I'd be more than happy to help!

If all of the mentioned users are members of the shared folder, currently, there's no option to hide them from each other. 

However, you can check out this thread, where other users have expressed an interest in such a feature.

As for your second question, has the test editor added the shared folder to their account?

This can be done by going to the Share tab, locating the folder and adding it. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Choose what the different users can see and do?

dag83
Explorer | Level 4

Hi!

Please ignore that this comes from another user, it got messed up when I was testing, and I logged in with the wrong account when creating the first post.

Yes, I`ve seen that thread, and also "liked" it, but I also saw that it`s 6 years old and I was 110% sure you had fixed this by now. I would think there are many users that don´t want to expose the team members. It should at least be an option to do so.

For the second part, you are right. It was not added.

I found that the only way to do this, is to simply create a user for my editor, with a emailaddress from my domain and then forward email to this address, to their personal email. That way they will still get all notifications via their own email, but inside Dropbox, my clients will not see their real name or email.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dag83 Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?