cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: software updates

Chrome reporting dropbox as an incompatible application

alarson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Receiving this error from chrome whenever i open chrome:

chromedropbox.PNG

47 Replies 47

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I understand @office11 - I'm also extra wary when it comes to software updates, especially betas which are experimental builds and can lead to all kind of deficiencies.

Just out of curiosity, which version of Chrome are you currently using?

I am attaching a screenshot to help find it: 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

office11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This is indeed the latest stable version of Chrome @office11 - are you still having this issue?

Have your cleared your cache recently? Does this also persist on incognito for you (just to eliminate other factors such as browser extensions or plugins etc.)? 

Thanks for your patience and cooperation on this one as well. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

office11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I didn't get the error message this morning - so maybe the chrome version is a recent update on my computer.  I am cautiously optomistic that this issue is resolved.  If the problem returns, I will try the "incognito" suggestion. Thank you.

chriscsullivan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Add another Dropbox Pro paying user to the mix here.

This issue is crashing chrome and my computer on nearly a daily basis.

Given that chrome and dropbox are two of the most regularly used applications for my work, giving up one is not really a viable option.

Dropbox, you've got to do something about this before you start losing clients. The google empire is too large and integrated into all of our lives to ditch it.

Please resolve before I convert all my documents to Drive and find an alternative cloud storage system.

Chrome 69.0.3497.100 

Dropbox v57.4.89

-Chris Sullivan

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey folks ( @office11 & @chriscsullivan)!

Thanks for reporting this problem here. Without you, other customers could've experienced the same issue. 

I have already relayed all the details of your problem to our engineering team. From this point onwards, they’ll evaluate the problem and work toward a solution.

I can’t say exactly how long this will take, however, I’ll keep a close watch on the team’s progress and I will let you know more info as soon as I have an update.

Thanks for your diligence and patience in regards to this matter and enjoy the rest of your day!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

DraganMol
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yesterday was the second time as Chrome stopped working and I had to restart my lap top during a meeting with a client. I have Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit), so it's latest version yet this happens again. More of my friends have told me they have experience the same thing.
I can't stop using Chrome, so I'm thinking to remove Dropbox until I learn here that the issue has been resolved. It costs my work too much if this happens all the time. I hope you'll fix it soon. 

JulioA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This is really a shame. I've had the same problem for a month and I also have the latest version of Chrome. I was hoping to find a feasible solution here rather than suggestions of just changing the browser (as if it were a problem with Chrome). Since the apparent solution that Dropbox staff is giving is choosing between both programs, I would definitely stick with Chrome.
Need more support?