cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning space in Dropbox

Cleaning space in Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Why does Dropbox make it so darn difficult to delete files and create space? I DO NOT WANT TO UPGRADE!! I have 'deleted' files multiple times and 'permanently deleted' files but there is no evidence of that. What was the point of 'deleting' files?! I am close to just deleting my account.

1 Reply 1

Re: Cleaning space in Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi @Toongenie; thanks for joining our Community!

Have you deleted enough files to make up space on your account? What is your plan tab reporting at the moment? 

As you probably know, you can make up space on your account by moving files that don't need to sync out of your Dropbox folder and/or leaving any shared folders or Spaces that might be putting you over quota.

On a side note, deleted files don't count against your storage quota, so permanently deleting them won’t free up space.

I hope this helps to some extent and please keep me posted on your progress. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?