cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Clear History" button for "Recents".

"Clear History" button for "Recents".

JSD2K
New member | Level 2

Some people deal with confidential files and use Dropbox for these. It would be very useful to allow people the option to clear their "Recent" files at will to allow more privacy and discretion. 

Latest Update
Megan
Dropbox Staff

This idea has been closed due to inactivity and can no longer be voted for.

If you have a similar idea please share it with us here.

Status changed to: Closed
49 Comments
scottgreider
New member | Level 2

I know there was a thread about this two years ago, but has this been changed since then? Is there any way to clear recently viewed files from the home page?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there Scott - hope all's well at your end.

As per your inquiry now, if you are referring to the website version just find the recents section and click on the "Hide" button from the right hand side. 

On the mobile application it is possible to hide the Recents list by going to

• Settings
  • Advanced features
  • Hide recent items on Home

I hope this helps @scottgreider

[EDIT: Since I seem to have missed your original question, I am adding this here Scott (apologies). It is currently not possible to clear items in the Recents list. I'll make sure that your comments are passed along to the development team as a feature request - thank you for the feedback!] 

MarkDB
New member | Level 2

On startup of Dropbox on my desktop (Windows 10, HP Laptop), I get a window that shows ("My Activity") the files I have updated etc in the last week/month/older.  I would like to clear this history. How do I do it? (screenshot attached).  Many thanks.

Edited by moderatorEdited by moderator

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @MarkDB,

Currently there isn’t an option to be able to remove the recent activity in the desktop app. I’ll make sure to pass this along to our dev team for review and thank you for taking the time to post in our Community today.

Have a great day - Thanks!
Portnawak
Helpful | Level 6

With the previous version, I was able to see at on glance which files had been changed by my team and which only by me directely when opening the menu bar on the desktop version. Now I must go from my activity to my team activity, comparing the hours to see if someone has changed something after me. It's not functional IMO but highly annoying.

So I wonder if it's only me grumbling at the changes or if some people find it easier to use? And most of all if there any way to change it back to what it was before?

Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @Portnawak

Thanks for posting your feedback regarding the Recents tab on our desktop app - we're always looking for ways to improve our apps and your feedback allows us to do just that. 

I'll make sure your comments are passed along to our dev team, so if you have any other comments you’d like me to forward, just give me a nudge. 

Thanks in advance!
lalelu-media
Explorer | Level 3

you are not the only one! to be honest: i hate the new (dys)functionality of the menubar flyout. the previous version was just small & simple and it was easily integrated into my daily workflow. with the actual version i have always to think about, where to click (one click too much!) for getting the desired infos. unfortunately the running of an older client-version is not possible 😞 my opinion: dropbox would not be my first choice for cloud-services nowadays with this overloaded garbage-non-usability. its a shame, in comparision with older versions! another big issue in macOS: the app-icon in the dock is always appearing now, no chance to remove it - i dont need it at all 😞

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @lalelu-media, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with us. 

I understand your trail of thought and I’ve made sure to add your comments to the feedback sent to our dev team. 

I’ve also moved this thread to the Share an idea section of the Community so as to keep track of your ideas. 

If there’s anything else I can help with, please don’t hesitate to get back to me. Cheers!
Ellen U.1
New member | Level 2
I hate the new version. Dropbox has taken control of the interface. I want to set the view I want and have it be sticky. Don't make suggestions! The new interface in an insult to experienced users, a dumbed-down version that's telling you what to do, a victim of featuritis.
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

56 votes received