cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Drop Box Counts Against My Capacity Limit

Client Drop Box Counts Against My Capacity Limit

R P.7
Helpful | Level 5

A client set up a folder for me to upload files. The problem I'm running into is that DB is counting the files against my account. For example, DB says I've exceeded my capacity limit and I cannot upload anymore files. This is the first time running into this issue. In the past, the uploads to client folders did not count against me.

The only difference is - I believe - that the client invited me to join the folder with an email not associated to my DB account. But when I clicked on the invite, DB opened with my account email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Re: Client Drop Box Counts Against My Capacity Limit

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @R P.7, thanks for posting today!

It sounds like you've joined a shared folder owned by another user.

As you've discovered, shared folders do take up quota on your account. As every member of a shared folder can add and modify the files in the shared folder, the shared folder takes up space in each member's account. 

If need be, you can ask the owner to create a file request if you only need to upload files to their account.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?