cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client file sharing

Client file sharing

RobinPowell
Explorer | Level 4

I have multiple clients sharing DropBox folders with me but I have one client who has purchased her own subscription who post things to her DropBox that do not show up.  When I post things to our shared DropBox she cannot see them either.  I have no idea why this one client is having so much trouble and I don't know how to advise her.  I set the DropBox up on my end using her email and the things I put out there I can see but she says she is putting things out there as well and I cannot see them.

5 Replies 5

Re: Client file sharing

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @RobinPowell, thanks for posting today!

From the sounds of it, the user is trying to add files into the shared folder, but they're not appearing on your end, and vice versa. 

Are the files visible at all on the Dropbox site in the shared folder? Are you certain her correct email is a member of the shared folder?

Has she added the shared folder on her account from here?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RobinPowell
Explorer | Level 4

Each of us can see the files we have shared but we can not see the other person's files.  I believe we have the correct email addresses but it would be a good idea to check just to make sure.  It might be something as simple as that.  Thanks for the tip, will let you know what it turns out to be once we solve this mystery!

RobinPowell
Explorer | Level 4

I checked on my end and my client's email is good.  If  I had it wrong it would explain why she was not able to see my files but we would both have to have it wrong to explain why neither of us can see each others files.

RobinPowell
Explorer | Level 4

Also, I checked the view both online and also by clicking on my windows icon, I see the same thing on both, just the files I have put out there.

Jay
Dropboxer
Do you see the shared folder online, on both accounts?

Screenshots showing what both you and the other person sees, while hiding personal details, would be helpful.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?