cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborate on File Requests

Collaborate on File Requests

tc16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is it possible for two people to receive an email notification when files are uploaded to a File Request?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tc16 wrote:

Is it possible for two people to receive an email notification when files are uploaded to a File Request?

No, that's not possible.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tc16 wrote:

No, that's not possible.

tc16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping to use a File Request in our workflow but we have two people who need to monitor it. Perhaps we can hack together something with IFTTT instead.

EricFGray
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This would be a great feature to add.

When you are setting up your file request, it would be great to add another user in your group who would get notified of file uploads. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@EricFGray wrote:

This would be a great feature to add.

regdur03
Explorer | Level 4

The request is to, when requesting File Requests, an email can be sent to me, and to multiple email addresses.

Right now, my work around is to create an automatic forward rule in my email but I think if we are collaborating, by requesting files, it should be available to send to those we are collaborating with an email.

Nandan S
Dropbox Engineer

See this thread: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Create-upload-and-share/Collaborate-on-File-Requests/m-p/591390#M526... Unfortunately, no pre-existing solution right now other than the manual ones like you listed.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nandan S Dropbox Engineer
    regdur03 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    EricFGray New member | Level 2
    tc16 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?