cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapsing Headers Icon Disappearing?

Highlighted

Collapsing Headers Icon Disappearing?

New member | Level 2

This is driving me absolutely crazy. I'm trying to collapse the different sections within my paper and the icon to do so either disappears or never appears so I end up moving in circles around the icon until it decides to show up. Is there a trick to get it to pop up in a more predictable fashion?

Also, any one know how to move sections around within your table of contents? It seems like that's a function that should be pretty easy to do (i.e. move section 5 to section 1 if you want to by dragging and dropping)?

Thank you!!

19 Replies 19
Highlighted

Re: Collapsing Headers Icon Disappearing?

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for bringing this up.  I'm experiencing the same problem on Chrome on Mac(version 84.0.4147.125)

It didn't happen a few days ago.  I've also tried cleaning the browser cache according to the following URL, but it is not working so far.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Expand-and-Collapse-Header-not-working-on-Fire...

Highlighted

Not able to collapse the headers anymore

Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I have been using Dropbox paper for a few months now and since the past week I am not able to collapse the header. The arrow which is used to collapse the header disappears as soon as I bring my mouse near it. I have already cleared the cache on my browser and this problem is there on both Firefox and Chrome. 

Does anyone know any solution to this? Maybe there's a keyboard shortcut to collapse the headers?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

This is driving me absolutely insane. I thought it was something with my computer. Please fix ASAP!

Highlighted

Re: Not able to collapse the headers anymore

New member | Level 2

Following! I am having the same issue, using google chrome.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey everyone, thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble collapsing headers in your Paper docs. 

If you're still having issues with this, could you let me know if you've tried:

• Another browser?
  • Using incognito?
  • Clearing your browser's cache? 
  • Making sure that you're not running any third party browser extensions or plugins? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

This is only affecting me in Firefox, Chrome still has the arrow that allows the headers to collapse. Help!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

This happening for me as well, in the Firefox browser but not in Chrome.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Another vote from me for not seeing arrows (and link buttons) in Firefox, but seeing them correctly in Chrome.

I have cleared my browser cache, tried in an incognito window, and disabled extensions in Firefox, but I am still not seeing arrows or link buttons on headers.

I am running Firefox 79.0.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Same here. Collapse icon disappeared in Firefox, after I restarted Firefox to install the latest update. In Chrome the collapse icon is still there. Looking at the code, the div.collapsable-section-handle is missing in Firefox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?