cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collating and securely storing 300+ video files

Collating and securely storing 300+ video files

Psych_Scientist
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I'm coordinating a virtual conference and I need to collate and securely store approx. 300 pre-recorded conference presentations (video files, each about 12 minutes in length). The videos will then be uploaded to our virtual conference platform. Does Dropbox provide an elegant solution for this? For instance, could I simply upgrade to a Business Account and send our 300 conference presenters a file request which invites them to upload their presentations by a given deadline? I think the max file size for a request is 20GB so that should be fine. I'd really appreciate any advice/tips on how best to do this.  I wasn't expecting to have to collate video files from 300 people myself, but it turns out the virtual event platform we are using doesn't allow our presenters to upload their videos directly to the conference platform 😞

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Collating and securely storing 300+ video files

Mark
Super User II

Youch 😞 

There is no automated way of getting 300 different links I'm afraid. 

My suggestion would be to get 1 file request link and send to everybody with clear instructions on a naming convention. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Youch 😞 

There is no automated way of getting 300 different links I'm afraid. 

My suggestion would be to get 1 file request link and send to everybody with clear instructions on a naming convention. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Psych_Scientist
New member | Level 2

Thank you, Mark. I was thinking of using a single link for all 300 presenters—as you say, that should work fine if we have a clear protocol for labeling files.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Psych_Scientist New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?