cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Comment errors: Yellow selection boxes are smaller and misplaced vs. original selections.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi. I've been experiencing an issue with the yellow comment selection boxes for the last three days. I can highlight an area on my JPG file as usual, type and POST my comment...but then the yellow selection box shrinks down to a very small size and relocates into the upper-left section of the file. See screenshots attached.

Details:
- I'm experiencing the issue when commenting on JPG files.
- I've tried on several different JPG files in Dropbox, and the same issue keeps happening.
- I have tried in both Safari & Chrome, and in Incognito mode, but issue occurs throughout.
- I have cleared my browser cache. 

Original selection box and comment posting work fine.Original selection box and comment posting work fine.But when I click POST to save, the selection box relocates to another spot on the JPG file and is much smaller.But when I click POST to save, the selection box relocates to another spot on the JPG file and is much smaller.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Comment errors: Yellow selection boxes are smaller and misplaced vs. original selections.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Coralee - thanks for flagging this!

I just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available. 

Take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there; when you get the chance of course.

Thanks so much for this again and talk to you soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Comment errors: Yellow selection boxes are smaller and misplaced vs. original selections.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Coralee - thanks for flagging this!

I just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available. 

Take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there; when you get the chance of course.

Thanks so much for this again and talk to you soon!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Could you type the answer here? You know... so others with the same problem can learn the answer too???

Highlighted

unable to post comments on artwork

Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

Wondering if you can help. I'm trying to comment on artwork and I'm unable to type in dropbox comment box. I just get the "move" icon to move the box around, when I try to type in the field, nothing happens. I attached a screen shot below.Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 11.11.52 AM.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @EllenE1; thanks for joining the discussion here.

Can you please let me know if you notice this after clearing your browser's cache and if that doesn't help, try an incognito window and/or another browser?

If this persists, I'd appreciate a screenshot so I can have a visual too. 

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I got so busy with work that I used a workaround. I emailed the dropbox customer support and they told me that we cannot type comments in the box. We can only make side comments. I told the rep that I thought the point of the box was to type comments in. She said she will forward our conversation to the product development team because since I assumed you could type inside the box, others might assume that too. As for now, there is no way to type inside the box. :( 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Oh, yes, this is indeed the expected behavior Ellen!

The yellow box you see just highlights the area you're commenting on; the comments themselves will appear on the right hand pane. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this and see you around the Community!

Walter

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?