cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments Tip/Introduction window won't close

Comments Tip/Introduction window won't close

Helpful | Level 5

This tip window won't disappear. The close X does not work and it obscures the comments panel. I have tried 2 different browser types, laptop and phone browsers. The window does not however appear in the phone app. I have finished the "Introduction to Dropbox" guide but this particular window remains. Any ideas?

Untitled.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Comments Tip/Introduction window won't close

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter

Thanks for the reply.

Clearing cache and the rest of the browser history did not resolve it. I can post comments (and I can see what I type due to the typing box being above the tips window). I managed to get rid of it now by trying to complete what the box said, as well as the box after that. I only use Dropbox for work so I had to pretend to comment and to tag someone and it registered that I 'tried out' what the introduction/tip box wanted me to try. It would be good to be able to just close the windows instead of having to finish the tips.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer

Hey @7288459p; welcome to our Community!

Could you clear your browser's cache and try again?

If this persists, can you post a test comment on a specific area of the file to see if this window goes away? You'll be able to delete the comment afterwards if needed. 

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter

Thanks for the reply.

Clearing cache and the rest of the browser history did not resolve it. I can post comments (and I can see what I type due to the typing box being above the tips window). I managed to get rid of it now by trying to complete what the box said, as well as the box after that. I only use Dropbox for work so I had to pretend to comment and to tag someone and it registered that I 'tried out' what the introduction/tip box wanted me to try. It would be good to be able to just close the windows instead of having to finish the tips.

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

Glad to hear it's sorted now and I appreciate your feedback on this @7288459p

See you around the Community!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi there

I have just realised the box is back every time I open a new document. The X does not work to get rid of the window, and I can't go through the 'tips/tutorial' every time as it's inappropriate to comment on clients' shared documents as it would notify clients who have access to that document that I am commenting on random documents. In a bit of a loss now.

Dropboxer

Could you perhaps try another device @7288459p?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?