cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company data in personal Dropbox - can the files or their account be deleted?

Company data in personal Dropbox - can the files or their account be deleted?

Explorer | Level 3

A former employee downloaded company data (member detail) to his personal Dropbox.  He resigned but still have access to all these data files. Can Dropbox assist to delete these files or close this account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Company data in personal Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi @Hendrik57, you can use the postal address in the terms of service to get in contact with Dropbox directly regarding this legal matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hi there @Hendrik57, I hope you're well today!

Just to clarify, was the data that they saved from shared content perhaps? If so, is the data still shared with their account, or did they just make a copy of the files?

Since the account you're referring to is a personal account, we wouldn't be able to assist with closing an account if you're not the owner of that account.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Dear Daphne. (1) No, I am not the owner of the account. This Dropbox account is in the personal name of the ex-employee linked to his gmail email.  (2) The data was synced with his work computer.  I removed the data from his work computer, but I am worried that the data is still available through the Dropbox account. (3) The data was not Dropbox shared with someone else.  Not what I am aware of.   (4) A fraud case has been registered against the employee. How do we contact Dropbox to start formal procedures to safeguard our data?

Dropboxer

Hi @Hendrik57, you can use the postal address in the terms of service to get in contact with Dropbox directly regarding this legal matter.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?