cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete beginner. Don't understand how it works

Complete beginner. Don't understand how it works

Demo2
New member | Level 2

I've just started using drop box and have got in a bit of a muddle as I dont know what I'm doing! My sons guitar teacher has been sending lesson videos using drop box. I just want to put the video file on my desktop and send it to a tablet using drop box. I dont want to use dropbox for any other files as its just confusing me. I've managed to set things up so that all sorts of files are being stored on dropbox (if that's the right term) and it rapidly uses up my free storage allocation. I thinking I need to change the settings so that drop box only deals with files on my desktop or a specific file I specify.

Can any one out there help me with some idiot proof instructions?

2 Replies 2

Re: Complete beginner. Don't understand how it works

rolfmueller
Explorer | Level 4
Hey
I also had problems at the beginning but there are great explanatory videos on YouTube.

Greetings Rolf

Re: Complete beginner. Don't understand how it works

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Demo2; thanks for joining our Community!

If you're referring to the computer backup feature, you can find out how to disable it here.

Let me know if that's not the case!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?