cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicted Copy Single User

Conflicted Copy Single User

dani0388
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am using Dropbox and I have a shared folder but ONLY one user. Since I am the single user I cannot work on the two computers on the same time. Most of the work I do it on my computer at work, the second computer is like a backup when am out of the office.

Yet, I got some conflicted files, and I really do not understand why, I am an IT consultant so I know how to use efficiently a computer and to handle cloud storage, at least till now

Anyone can help to identify this issue.

There are a few threads but none of them gives really a solution

1 Reply 1

Re: Conflicted Copy Single User

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @dani0388, I hope you're doing well today!

While it's complicated to narrow down the root cause of the creation of conflicted copies, there are a number of variables that could lead to their creation.

Some of them are:

-Antivirus, backup software, or third-party applications that monitor files.
-Off-line editing or connection issues.
-Leaving applications or files open.
-Local sharing properties, folder redirection, symbolic links, or incorrectly set permissions.

Have you ruled these out? 

Let me know.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?