cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicted copies when using iOS Numbers

Conflicted copies when using iOS Numbers

inckblog
Helpful | Level 5

I am using Numbers in iOS, but storing the documents in a DropBox folder. When I work with a Numbers document either close the document or switch apps, I receive a message to say the file was deleted on another device, and then I discover several conflicted versions of the document have been created.

This appears to be the same issue found on this linked post, though they were using Pages rather than numbers.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Error-messages/Conflicted-copies-while-using-pages-in-iOS/td-p/26300...

36 Replies 36

Re: Conflicted copies when using iOS Numbers

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @inckblog - sorry to hear you're getting conflicted copies of your files when working with iOS's Numbers app. 

Do you happen to work on those files from a shared folder that others (or even a connected device of yours) might be accessing at the same time? 

Just to make sure we're on the same page now, can you guide me through the exact steps you take to result in this?

While we're at it, can you ensure that you're using the most recent version of your mobile device's OS, our mobile app's and Numbers app's as well? 

Last but not least, could you check a sample file's version history and let me know what you find in regards to the edits you (or even others if this is a shared folder) you've been making so far?

Thank you in advance and happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

inckblog
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter,

This is happening on a shared folder, but it happens even when I am the only one accessing it. I have it only shared with another account to which I am also the owner, so I know this happens when I am accessing it from my iPad and there is no one else connected.

I am up to date on iOS and the DropBox app. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @inckblog - much appreciated.

Would it be OK with you if I reached out to the email address that's associated with your Community's profile so we can have a further look into this?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

inckblog
Helpful | Level 5
Of course

Walter
Dropboxer

I just sent you a brief email @inckblog.

At your earliest convenience, take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Thanks so much for your cooperation and patience while we look into this. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Candance
New member | Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem. What was the solution to this?

Regards, Candance

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Candance; thanks for joining the discussion here. 

I'm sorry to hear you're also getting conflicted copies when working on files through the Numbers app on your iOS device(s). 

Just so we can have a better picture, can you let us know some additional information such as the version of your OS, the version of our mobile app and also the version of the Numbers app? 

Does this happen for files in shared folders?

Any additional information will be much appreciated! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

daBowmore
Helpful | Level 5

Although this problem has kept happening to me since long time, I include the current version numbers here. I kind of have been wishing for several years(!) that some update would fix it. But it still keeps happening all the time. I don't exactly know what triggers it, but it's very easy to reproduce, just have to work on numbers file for a while, and once done, I have 1 - 100 conflicting (quite linearily depending on working time) copies in dropbox to clearn.

iOS version 14.0.1 (18A393)

Numbers version 10.2 (7352.0.95)

Dropbox version 208.2.12

Files are actually in private folder, not shared, and I'm definitely the only one accessing them when this happens. 

Any advise would be appreciated, thanks!

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @daBowmore; thanks for the report and happy Friday!

May I use the email address that's connected with your Community's profile to reach out so we can investigate this further with account and device specific information?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

daBowmore Helpful | Level 5
    Michael 103673 Explorer | Level 4
    Olbliss Collaborator | Level 8
    Seneca83 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?