cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to another Dropox file caused problems

Connecting to another Dropox file caused problems

TACox
Explorer | Level 4

I have maintained a Dropbox file containing about 50 folders. This evening another firm set up Dropbox containing some documents to share with me.  I must have made the wrong choices in the process because now my original Dropbox folder within the Dropbox folder set up by the other firm.  My original folder is one item included among the items in the other firms Dropbox file.  I need to de-connect or de-link or separate these folders and have my own folder back the way that it was.

1 Reply 1

Re: Connecting to another Dropox file caused problems

Rich
Super User II

@TACox wrote:

This evening another firm set up Dropbox containing some documents to share with me.  I must have made the wrong choices in the process because now my original Dropbox folder within the Dropbox folder set up by the other firm.

You were invited to and joined a Business team. By doing so, you've merged your account into that of the business. Basically, the account belongs to the business now. In order to separate the account again, the team admin needs to convert the account back to an individual account. It's very important that they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account and all the files in it. If this happens, the team admin has just seven days to restore your account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?