cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connecting with my old account

Connecting with my old account

Jhabiby
Explorer | Level 3

I purchased a new iPad. My old iPad connected right to dropbox I was never a problem. I logged in or try to login and it wouldn’t take it my password. so what I have done is I’ve change my login password to try and retrieve my old account and I cannot. I have in years of picture’s But cannot seem to sync my new iPad with the older files and folders that I have already. I have also tried to look for a phone number for Customer Service in I’ll be darned if I can find it. Can anyone help me in this? Thank you thank you thank you

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@Jhabiby wrote:

Connecting with my old account

When was the last time you accessed the account? If the account had been idle for more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity.

Jhabiby
Explorer | Level 3
Maybe 2 months ago. They will only send reset information if there is a acct there. Do you know of a number I can call? Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it

Mark
Super User II

The system will always say it is trying to send a reset email - even if the account no longer exists. 

There is no phone support unless you are paying for it. 

All support options are at www.dropbox.com/support - make sure you are logged OUT when you visit. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jhabiby
Explorer | Level 3
I still have the same problems. I have photos to go back 20 years so I need to be able to access the Photos. Even have a subscription for I don’t know how many terabytes if this will help. I Literally don’t know what to do. I am at my end. This is a real big problem. I don’t mind paying for a phone call I just need to know who to call

Mark
Super User II

Unless you are a business customer there is no phone support @Jhabiby 

All your support options are at www.dropbox.com/support BUT you need to log in to the account that is paid to do it. 

If the system let you reset your password then THAT is your account. It wont let you reset a password for an account which does not exist. Have you looked at www.dropbox.com/events to see what the history of the account is? www.dropbox.com/account will also show you if. this is a paid upgraded account. If this one isnt one of two things has happened:

- you are logged in to the wrong account (so the only way to solve that is work out what email is the correct one and log in with that account)

- your old account was removed for inactivity and you have actually logged in as a brand new user on the same email. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jhabiby
Explorer | Level 3

Mark thanks for the information. But I can’t get in for some reason so basically I’m **bleep**ed. But you seem to know what you are doing and if you have the time I can give you the information and maybe you can help me. Of course, I am willing to pay you. This is pretty important to me 🙄 obviously. So let me know as soon as you can 🙏 

Need more support?