cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Error Messages while trying to upgrade

Constant Error Messages while trying to upgrade

BDSGroup
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the following situation: My bank blocked my credit card because of some fraudulent activity. When Dropbox wanted to draft the subscription fees it was rejected and my account was downgraded.

I got an email that I could re-subscribe again, which I tried multiple times trying different forms of payment, auto-draft, credit card, Paypal. However I always got a technical error message.

I submitted the contact forms on the support page twice, one 2 weeks ago, one approximately 1 week ago with absolutely no response. The chat was abandoned immediately when I explained my problem. This happened twice. The phone number with an automatic reply system only always directed me to the support page which was the opposite of helpful.

Please help! I have been a loyal customer for several years and I enjoy your services, but our support really is less than acceptable.

Thank you!

Maik.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

500 errors are usually not website ones but ones on your machine.

Have you tried opening an incognito browser window and trying that

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you tried just going to www.dropbox.com/plans and upgrading from there

What error messages you getting?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

BDSGroup
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, I tried that, too. The error message says:

Error (500)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

500 errors are usually not website ones but ones on your machine.

Have you tried opening an incognito browser window and trying that

BDSGroup
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you, Mark, you were right. That worked! I tried with a different browser. That solved it. Thank you very much! 🙂

(Still the customer service of Dropbox has much room for improvement.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BDSGroup New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?