Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context menu disappeared in osx

guyha New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm running Dropbox on OSX Yosemite. Recently the dropbox sync/checkmarks in the Finder have started disappearing. Restarting has helped sometimes, sometimes not. 

I've read old threads about this from previous versions of both dropbox and OSX and have made sure to try all said there. Not working!

I don't have any conflicting software installed like Onedrive, Google Drive etc. 

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Re: Context menu disappeared in osx

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @guyha, thanks for checking in with us. Let's see what we can find.

As a first step, could you check out this article on what to do if the Dropbox sync icons are missing from your files? Maybe one of them will do the trick. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alk New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, i have the same problem with Yosemite. The problem has appeared after the last dropbox update. I try all the triks founded in the article  but never change.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @alk, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

To make sure we're on the same page, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) or let me know what you see when you hover over your Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock?

Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?