cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual privacy-type message when copying files to team folder from member folder

Continual privacy-type message when copying files to team folder from member folder

Dexterb
Explorer | Level 3

Recently (in the last month or so), whenever I transfer a number of files from my individual member folder to my team folder, a window pops up saying "Copied "Document" and 3 other items to "Team Folder" ... Everyone who can access Team Folder can now access a copy of all these items. If you didn't mean to copy these items there, delete them."

There must be a way to turn this notification off. I sometimes transfer hundreds of files at a time, and this message will pop up a dozen times or more during that operation. It makes the process incredibly time-consuming and aggravating.

3 Replies 3

Re: Continual privacy-type message when copying files to team folder from member folder

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Dexterb, thanks for posting on the Community!

Are you using a Mac or a Windows device when this occurs?

Is there an option to disable the prompt using a checkbox?

Do you get the error message on the Dropbox site when moving files across?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Continual privacy-type message when copying files to team folder from member folder

Dexterb
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am using a Mac, and there is no prompt to disable the message from recurring.

I have not experienced the issue when moving files on dropbox.com, but that is not my preferred workflow.

I'd appreciate any input!

Jay
Dropboxer
Generally, this prompt is there for security purposes to ensure users are aware of moving private files to a public team setting. 

Currently, there isn't a method to disable this message. If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?