cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controling what is upkoaded to dropbox

Controling what is upkoaded to dropbox

CantleyCodger
New member | Level 2

I have been using the free version of dropbox so that I can work on documents (mainly Word and Excel ) on both my desktop and laptop computers.  However, I have been notified that I am grossly over the storage limit and I will be unable to continue to use it. It appears that almost everything on my computers has been uploaded. I have tried to remove some files from dropbox but it said these will be deleted "everywhere". I don't want to lose these files completely.

Is there a safe way of removing all files from dropbox and then selecting which files I wish to upload and share between my computers so that I can stay within the authorised storage limit?

1 Reply 1

Re: Controling what is upkoaded to dropbox

Rich
Super User II

@CantleyCodger wrote:

It appears that almost everything on my computers has been uploaded.

Sounds like you enabled the computer backup feature.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?