cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 'Copy Dropbox link' issue

SBEAK
Explorer | Level 4

Agree fully with this - uploading a giant file (1Gb+) takes hours and the client knows this (because I tell them when I send the link) so there's no confusion. The only confusion is me forgetting to copy the link once the file is fully uploaded because I've moved on in my workflow and I'm not monitoring Dropbox uploads (of course!).

This worked perfectly well before and shouldn't have been changed. It makes Dropbox practically unuaseble for people with large files... 😞

WillGood
Helpful | Level 6

Please bring this feature back Hannah - It's super helpful for my workflow and removing it wastes a lot of productive time waiting for a file to upload. If it's such an issue for users then maybe just add a note that those receiving the link wont have access until it's uploaded (rather than removing the feature entirely)

Thanks,

Will

JasonM2
Helpful | Level 5

I am sitting here at 5am waiting for a large file to upload...I cannot go to bed until it finishes because they took away this feature.

It is really frustrating to lose a feature we have had for years...but not only to lose it, but to get no notification that they took it away which causes numerous paid users to spend hours trying to troubleshoot and figure out why Dropbox links are suddenly not working as they always have.

Very tired and frustrated user here. Please bring it back!!!!!

RESTORE FEATURE: Copy Dropbox Link before Upload Completes

jakeviator
Helpful | Level 6

What do I have to do to restore this functionality? Buy someone a gift? Pay a ransom? Become someone's butler for a year? I just can't fathom why you have killed this feature. It is ruining my life. Sure, I can still walk. My house is still standing. But it is absolutely ruining my productivity and business. I am now falling asleep over the computer waiting for files to finish uploading. I am forgetting to send links to clients because of the long wait times, angering them and threatening my livelihood. My wife is angry because it takes me so much longer to get home from work now.

These are not little tweaks you should be making. This disrupts people's lives when you change massive features like this with no warning. My whole business is based on this feature since you gave it to us. WHY have you done this? Is there ANY hope in restoring the feature? I have recommended dropbox to so many people, recruited so many teams to switch over to your service. To just randomly change a feature that so many are dependent upon - with NO warning - is disgusting behavior. Give us an option in preferences to enable it. Give us the ability to roll back our version. SOMETHING! 

Re: RESTORE FEATURE: Copy Dropbox Link before Upload Completes

hundleyjared
New member | Level 2

Holy cow please re-enable this feature. I have relied on this as a productivity feature and now I'm waiting for my awful upload speeds before I can drop this task from my mind. 

PLEAAAASE!! and soon. Thank you... with sugar and sprinkles. 

jgagne
New member | Level 2

I totally agree with the sentiment here - removing this feature really does not make sense. It has been bugging me for weeks, and I am really disappointed to learn this was removed on purpose and not just a bug.

svervs
Helpful | Level 6

That was a fantastic Dropbox-style feature.

Now I'm sitting here waiting hours for an upload, or have to get up in 4 hours when my client starts working.

There needs to be a petition to bring this back. Seriously ...

txd
New member | Level 2

I think this feature its up again 

WillGood
Helpful | Level 6

Still not working for me 😞

terra1983
Collaborator | Level 8
Need more support?