cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 'Copy Dropbox link' issue

joe_bmouth
New member | Level 2

No exaggeration, the ability to get a link for a while before it's finished uploading was the one single thing I loved most about dropbox! It was brilliant being able to paste the link into an e-mail at the moment the file's created rather than having to remember to go back and keep checking if the file has finished uploading.  And also as others have mentioned, if uploading a large file, to be able to send the link and leave a note saying 'give it 20mins to upload.' I genuinely can't see what the problem was with the old system, and now I just have to get used to a less useful version of dropbox, (having to set myself reminders on my phone to check if links have finished uploading).

isotropy
Helpful | Level 6

I just want to add another voice to this issue - PLEASE revert to the previous behaviour of being able to copy a link to a file before it's completely uploaded. This is an absolute productivity killer on my side and the current behaviour feels broken and a step backwards. Please fix this ❤️ Thank you! 

dereklieu
New member | Level 2

I just learned about this feature being removed and wanted to voice my support for bringing it back. This is hugely important for sending links especially for when working with people in different time zones. It means I can send a link, and go to bed so that I know it'll be uploaded and they'll have access to it before I wake up!

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi everyone, I've just reached out to your emails associated with the forum, please could you reply to my message in order to look into this matter in more detail. Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

WillGood
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks Jay just saw it come through. Glad to see this is getting attention inside the DB team.

For anyone else the email ended up in my spam folder as a support ticket from support@dropbox.zendesk.com

Let's work together to get dropbox to re-implement this feature!

isotropy
Helpful | Level 6

Hey Jay, just following up since I never received the email. Thanks! I'm also glad this is getting some attention because it really needs to be fixed and revert to the old behaviour.

mohammedalialrimy
Explorer | Level 3
نرجوا منكم المساعده والرد بأسرع وقت ممكن لقد حذفت بالغلط ملف في دربوكس في سجل المكالمات منذ أسبوعين أحاول أن استعادة الملف لكن دون فايده

svervs
Helpful | Level 6

My Dropbox has updated to v127.4.4265 and it is working for me here again.

It takes an unusual long ca. 10 sec until the message appears. "Link copied..."

Before the message appears the link is actually not in the clipboard, but afterwards it is.

WillGood
Helpful | Level 6

It's working for me again as well! This is great news 🙂 Thank you to DB team for re-implementing this key feature!

jakeviator
Helpful | Level 6

VERY HAPPY to have this feature back in my life. However, I agree that it is taking much longer than it used to for the link to copy. I sent them a screen recording of it taking 15-20 seconds for the link to copy. VERY happy to have it back, but would be great if it worked instantaneously as it used to.

Need more support?