cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a pdf link and adding raw=1

Copying a pdf link and adding raw=1

PortJobs
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

We have a pdf in our dropbox that when I hover over it the URL ends in role=personal.  I know I am supposed to see something like dl=0 at the end and change that to raw=1 so that my document auto-opens without Dropbox windows.

Not seeing the dl=0 at the end has me confused.  Not sure what to change to raw=0.  Help GREATLY appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Hotlist/hotlist.pdf?role=personal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @PortJobs, I hope you're well today!

It sounds like you might be looking at and copying the URL for the file located in your account, rather than a shared link for the file (which would show the dl=0 at the end).

Can you clarify for me if you're using these steps to create a shared link, or copy if you have an existing link already?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @PortJobs, I hope you're well today!

It sounds like you might be looking at and copying the URL for the file located in your account, rather than a shared link for the file (which would show the dl=0 at the end).

Can you clarify for me if you're using these steps to create a shared link, or copy if you have an existing link already?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PortJobs
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you, Daphne, because of your post I've learned that my "personal" account doesn't have a share link option that ends in dl=0 like I need.  It says I need to upgrade.  Prior to covid we had the dl=0 option.  I'm trying to find out more on that now. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

PortJobs Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?