cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrections made by others to files shared are not visible

Corrections made by others to files shared are not visible

Explorer | Level 3

I have as owner put a couple of files in Dropbox. Such files are shared with a group. Corrections made by others in this group are not visible by me, the person who made the correction does see the corrections. What maybe the cause of this phenomenon?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Corrections made by others to files shared are not visible

Dropboxer

Thanks for the updates @Rob T, I'm glad to hear it's working fine as of now!

Of course, I'll be just a post away if the issue crops up again. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Hope you have a great rest of your day - stay safe Rob!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dropboxer

Hello there @Rob T, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you let me know if you're checking the folder from your account online, the desktop app's Dropbox folder, or through the mobile app?

Also, how did you share the files with the group? Did you use a shared link or add their emails to the "Share" window?

Let me know and we can take it from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Daphne, thanks for responding. Sorry I have only limited understanding of the mechanics of Dropbox.
So I probably have not given you all the info. you need.
I use it from my desk top (PC). 
Not sure as to your question: Did you use a shared link or add their emails to the "Share" window? I think the other parties can see and change all files in the same folder.
When I look at Dropbox and the relevant file it says I  put it there and changed it and that 4 other people have access. I know one person did changed the file, but I can't see the changes. The other party sent me the changed file separately, but I can only see the original file in Dropbox. Something similar happened on a previous occasion: when subsequently to changes someone else applied (which I could not see), I made further changes file myself and I got a Dropbox warning of conflict with other changes.
Does this help?

Thanks in advance
Rob

I suspect some sort of problem with synchronisation or something alike.

I hope this clarifies the situation

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Rob T!

If you're seeing multiple people have access to the files, it sounds like you shared with the latter steps rather than with a link.

Since you're using the desktop app, can you let me know what the app's sync status is showing?

You can see this by clicking the Dropbox icon in your system tray.

Also, if you check the file in your account online, do you see the same version as you see locally?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Sorry, I'm toooo stupid and inexperienced to find your  "app's sync status". I looked at the Dropbox icon, folders and file, including cright hand clicking with mouse.
It seems the file I see locally on my PC is the same as the one on internet (I had to get a new password to login ).

Rob

Explorer | Level 3

It seems a team member have have resolved her problem. If not I'll be back to you. Thanks anyway for your involvement
Regards Rob T

Dropboxer

Thanks for the updates @Rob T, I'm glad to hear it's working fine as of now!

Of course, I'll be just a post away if the issue crops up again. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Hope you have a great rest of your day - stay safe Rob!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?